2016 National Transgender HIV Testing Day
NTHTD is a day to recognize the importance of routine HIV testing, status awareness and continued focus on HIV prevention and treatment efforts among transgender people. This initiative encourages community-based organizations (CBOs), health jurisdictions, and HIV prevention programs to participate by hosting local trans HIV testing community events (HIV testing, visibility campaign, community forums) and/or develop trans-specific HIV testing campaign materials and resources.
Center of Excellence Director JoAnne Keatley and Technology Exchange Specialist Jenna Rapues discuss NTHTD in more detail in this AIDS.gov blog post.
Toolkits and Campaign Materials
As part of the NTHTD initiative, the CoE has developed a Transgender HIV Testing Toolkit, consisting of five modules designed to reflect the most current HIV prevention research and best practices for serving trans and gender non-binary people. Guidelines to increase access and trans cultural competence among HIV testing programs and services are included. With this toolkit, the CoE is aiming to encourage and support community-based organizations and prevention programs to host trans HIV testing community events, develop expanded trans HIV testing visibility campaigns, provide HIV testing services, and/or engage trans community members in promoting status awareness among all trans people.
- Complete Toolkit (3.4 MB)
- Cover and Contents
- How to Use This Toolkit
- Module 1: Get the Facts about Trans People and HIV
- Module 2: Testing and Enhanced Communication Approaches with Trans People
- Module 3: Building Capacity to Increase HIV Testing Efforts for Trans People
- Module 4: Community Engagement and the 2016 National HIV Transgender HIV Testing Day
- Module 5: NTHTD and Toolkit Resources
Condensed Toolkit for Health Departments
Download Campaign Materials
- Testing Placard ("I support NTHTD because...": Use for social media and photo booth activities)
- El cartel en españnol ("Yo apoyo el día porque...")
- Testing Day Flyers/Banners for distribution and printing:
- Testing Day Logo Image (umbrella)
- Testing Day Banner Image
CDC's Doing It Campaign Materials
The CDC's Act Against AIDS program has a testing campaign "Doing It" that includes trans women (see Chandi on this page). Visit their site for full campaign details, but see below for the trans-specific resources:
- Digital Banners (Look for Chandi - available in multiple formats)
Embed or share these campaign videos: