Transgender Health Learning Center
Browse our resource inventories to the left, or start with the featured items below.
From the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- Acknowledging Gender and Sex New online course helps clinic staff and providers create a welcoming environment for transgender people.
Manuals and Guides
- Implementing Comprehensive HIV Prevention Programmes with Transgender People Tool developed to enable governments, public-health officials, programme managers, NGOs and health workers to create and improve HIV prevention programmes for transgender people, April 2016. The UCSF Transgender Center of Excellence is a coauthor of this United Nations publication.
- Personalized Cognitive Counseling: An Adaptation for Working with Trans Women Guide for adapting the PCC invention for trans women. September 2013. (PDF, 518KB)
- Primary Care Protocol for Transgender Patient CarePractical reference for clinicians caring for transgender patients, April 2011.
- T-SISTA: Resource Guide for Adapting SISTA for Transwomen Implementation manual, May 2010. (PDF, 3.6MB)
Reports and Recommendations
- Policy Recommendations for Inclusive Data Collection of Trans People in HIV Prevention, Care and ServicesAnalysis and recommendations, 2009.
- Assessing Progress, Advancing Excellence: Serving Transgender People in California Research and program report, 2008.
Fact Sheets and Summaries
- Transgender Issues in HIV Sevelius J. HIV Specialist. American Academy of HIV Medicine. December 2013.
- What Are Transgender Men's HIV Prevention Needs? Fact sheet, January 2010.
- What Are Transgender Women's HIV Prevention Needs? Fact sheet, September 2008.
- Eight Best Practices for HIV Prevention among Trans People Poster and fact sheet prepared by the CoE, 2009.
- Counting Trans PopulationsSummary of the policy recommendations.
Trans Health Fact Sheets
These brochures were developed with the California Family Health Council, and are available in English and Spanish.