Enhancing Engagement and Retention in Quality HIV Care for Transgender Women of Color
Transgender Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center
The TETAC provides the HRSA Enhancing Engagement and Retention in Quality HIV Care for Transgender Women of Color initiative with expert leadership in the multi-site evaluation and dissemination of findings and technical assistance (TA) and capacity building to improve the timely entry, engagement, and retention in HIV primary care for transwomen of color. The project is guided by four primary goals:
- Goal 1 (Evaluation) To provide support to the demonstration sites as they design and implement their site-specific evaluation plans, and to conduct rigorous, cross-site evaluation research that will make a significant contribution to improving the timely entry, engagement, and retention (from the cascade of care model) in quality HIV primary care for transwomen of color.
- Goal 2 (TA) To provide TA tailored to the specific needs of each demonstration site through teleconferences, a website, webinars, site visits, and meetings in a variety of domains including (1) program development, implementation, and sustainability; (2) clinical consultation; (3) multi-site and location evaluation; (4) human research protection; (5) IRBs; and (6) intervention manuals.
- Goal 3 (Capacity Building) To provide capacity building assistance (CBA) relating to the provision of quality clinical and culturally competent HIV primary care and social services to transwomen of color.
- Goal 4 (Dissemination) To synthesize and disseminate findings from demonstration projects to optimize impact on the timely entry, engagement, and retention in quality HIV primary care for transwomen of color.
The following programs are participating as demonstration sites.
- BienestarTransActivate Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago House and Social Service AgencyThe TransLife Care Project Chicago, IL
- Community Healthcare NetworkTWEET Care Project Brooklyn, NY
- Friends Research Institute, Inc.The Alexis Project Los Angeles, CA
- Howard Brown Health CenterDrop-In Program Chicago, IL
- Public Health InstituteButterfly Project Oakland, CA
- San Francisco Department of Public HealthTransAccess San Francisco, CA
- SUNY Downstate Medical CenterInfini-T Project Brooklyn, NY
- Tri-City Health CenterTransVision Fremont, CA
This project is funded under the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau's Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) program.